Summer is here, and this is a great summer treat. Fast. Inexpensive. Satisfying. Protein rich. And ridiculously tasty.
- 1 banana
- about 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond -you chose)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if there are weirdos like me going to eat them)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini muffin tin
- (You could make this in a big pan as one solid piece, freeze well and then cut into small pieces, but the mini muffin pan works perfectly)
- Place one slice of banana in each muffin cup.
- Dab a small amount of nut butter on each slice of banana.
- Set the prepped muffin pan to the side, and gently melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. (I do this in a skillet. Using a bowl in the microwave would also work fine.)
- When melted, if you want, now add the optional ingredients (I am a big fan of turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties, and so are my knees!).
- Now spoon melted chocolate into the muffin cups, right on top of the nut butter.
- Put muffin tray into freezer.
- In a half an hour, they are ready -just pop them out and eat.
- Didn’t finish them all? Just pop them out of the muffin tin and put in a baggie. Also a wide mouth quart sized Mason jar works great for these.
May all babies be born into loving hands